Etsy

Monday, June 21, 2010

In the beginning

About 2 years ago while I was pregnant with my daughter I entered the nesting stage.  Unfortunately my nesting instincts decided I needed to start crafting something for her room.  So I did, and the outcome was the nursery letters that are all the rage right now.

I really enjoyed making them and so I have continued doing so for friends and as I have slowly become better at them I started selling them very recently on Etsy.  I have a friend who will be popping out a 2nd child this summer and this weekend I went shopping for his letters.  While at the craft store I picked up a book on felting.  It was on sale and at the counter, so what the heck.

The book is called "I can't believe Im Felting" and claims to be easy patterns for people like me with NO experience.  The first few patterns are done with wool sweaters.  No knitting required.  So I figured this would be a great first craft for my new journey.  Step one find 100% wool sweaters.  Step one #Fail!!! I live in Tulsa OK and its summer.  I hit all the Good Will stores and have found ZIP.  UGGG  So now I shall continue to search until I find my sweaters and then will begin Step two felting them.  I hope that step is a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment